[This page is still being updated, if you think something should be added here please let us know.]
As a rule, I only read FAQ pages for all my information. What is this?
- You are currently on the site of a webcomic run by 2 British gentlemen, which focuses mainly on videogaming, the culture around it, and the occasional pop at everything external to videogaming as well – which mostly concerns everything, ever. Is that vague enough?
Yes, thank you.
- You’re welcome. Moving on…
- Why are we here? Little deep for an FAQ? Oh, you mean, the webcomic. John was originally inspired to create a comic of some breed, back in sixth form (so, about 17-18 years old) with a friend at the time. It didn’t really take off, and interest was lost when they finished school. It remained a ‘thing’ until one day at University, when John, a now dashingly handsome 19-year old IT student met Terry, a hairy Gollum-like figure, and they discussed games and comics at length. Thusly
Why does Coventry University appear so often?
- Due to an administrative error that shall forever live on in infamy John and Terry first met each other while studying at Coventry University and so it came to pass that dotGif was born.
So how did the comic start?
- In it’s current incarnation it began, as most things do, with a bet.
What was the bet?
-It’s a secret, Terry remembers, John probably doesnt, but Edd was there also.
Who the hell is Edd?
- Due to his current employment Edd no longer exists.
When is the comic updated?
- The comic is updated every Monday and Friday, time/space continuum permitting. The Monday Comics tend to be the multi-part comics with an over-arcing storyline, the Friday comics are the one-shot “funnies”.
How come in issue X you said this but in issue Y you said this, how can both be true?
- Short answer a wizard did it, long answer it is all down to the grand unified dotGif theory of contrived convenience and continuity.
What is the Grand Unified dotGif Theory of Contrived Convenience and Continuity?
- Everything that happened, happened. Unless it didn’t.
What is with the random capitalization of the name dotGif, I’ve seen DotGif, dotgif, DOTGIF
- Random capitalization is cool, end of.
Which character is John and which character is Terry, I mean Will is still at university, and so is Terry, and Jay plays a Hunter in WoW and so does John, does that mean Terry is Will and John is Jay and who is Scarlet?
- No, Terry is both Will and Jay, and so is John, we are also occasionally Scarlet (but only at weekends). Infact we are everyone in the comic, except James Deane who is real enough on his own.
Will you link my comic/site/twitter?
- If it’s good; probably.